The Shen Pen

The Student News Site of Shenendehowa High School

The Shen Pen

The Shen Pen

Girls’ Wrestling Has an Amazing Lineup for States in the 2024 Season

Girls+Wrestling+placed+first+over+all+at+state+qualifiers+in+mid+January.+
Shen
Girls Wrestling placed first over all at state qualifiers in mid January.

At the Girls’ Wrestling Section II State Qualifiers in mid January, Shenendehowa won the tournament as a team and had six champions win their weight class.

“This tournament consisted of every single girl in Section 2 being put into brackets in their weight class and the top 2 in each weight (and some additional in others) will move on and qualify as well,” said Head Coach Palmerino

Despite already having an abundance of success, the Shenendehowa wrestling community was elated with these results. Palmerino was no exception, feeling incredibly proud of the team’s hard work.

“We have an awesome group of girls that have really committed themselves to the sport of wrestling and they show the same amount of passion for the sport that I do,” said Head Coach Palmerino.

However, it isn’t just the girls that are thrilled about the new potential of the wrestling department. The boys team eagerly welcomed and continues to embrace the achievements made by the girls.

“It’s great to expand the community and show everyone the benefits of wrestling, regardless of gender,” said boys’ wrestling Captain, Arcangelo Losee.

As the girls advance to states, they continue to stay motivated through practice and work to be the best wrestlers and teammates they can be. But, the present isn’t all that Coach Palmerino is focused on right now. He is committed to revising his craft and creating a strong foundation for the future of Shenendehowa Girls Wrestling.

“I really think we can build something fantastic here moving forward in the future,” said Palmerino.

The results are as follows:

1st Place

100 Sydney West

107 Ishita Singh

120 Makenzie Harbour

138 Ava Guilmette

152 Isabella Gretzinger

165 Araya Guilmette

Also placing:

94 Sofia Ramdial 6th place

114 Sophia Paone 2nd place

114 Madalyn Hill 5th place

132 Aishi Joshi 5th place

138 Haley Miller 5th place